Strategy & Analytics Manager
We are Ellipsis, the Customer Loyalty Experts. Our business is growing fast, and we are looking for the right individual to join the team. We’re keen to find a manager with experience and a high degree of proficiency in data analytics, and who would like to take a leadership role by managing client engagements and growing the Ellipsis suite of data products and services.
Our highly experienced team has worked on 100+ projects helping large retailers, banks, insurers, and global airlines understand, manage and grow customer value. We are based in Sydney and Melbourne, with global clients in New Zealand, Asia and North America, and we are recognised for our expertise in data analytics. This role is open in both Sydney and Melbourne.
The key responsibilities for this role primarily cover 4 areas (% indicates approximate focus). Given the growing nature of the business, the balance of activities may vary, hence the candidate should be open to this level of flexibility.
- Consulting & Insights projects (40%)
- Manage production of core project deliverables e.g. client presentations, data reports and visualisations
- Manage team of analysts to generate compelling customer and business insights from data, using a range of techniques as appropriate, from post-campaign analysis through to propensity modelling and advanced statistical models
- Active leadership in client relationship management and overall project execution
- Data products and insights thought leadership (30%)
- Advance Ellipsis’ techniques for the analysis of data, both first party client data, and third party data from data partnerships
- Lead Ellipsis’ data product development, working with the business to conceive of new data product ideas, manage their development and implementation, and support bringing these products to market
- Provide guidance to both the team of analysts and to the business leadership, to ensure Ellipsis utilises the most appropriate tools, techniques, platforms and software
- Supporting role in business development (20%)
- Contribute to new proposals and pricing, participate in pitching to prospects (new and existing clients), and nurture ongoing prospect relationships
- Contribute to management and advancement of sales pipeline, leveraging own network where relevant
- Support ongoing media and marketing activity e.g.: conferences, PR, content marketing, blogs, white papers
- Knowledge and team development (10%)
- Direct management of junior team, formally supporting career development and also providing informal and on-the-job mentoring
- Keep up to date on market trends and developments, with particular focus on data and insights
- Support continual development of Ellipsis’ broader loyalty and customer strategy proposition e.g.: new initiatives, service enhancements, adding to Ellipsis IP library
Your Skills and Experience
The main requirement for this role is data analytics expertise, and a desire to help scale these services for our business. Individuals with or without prior consulting experience will be considered on their own merits. The right character attributes for Ellipsis’ culture are necessary. Domain-specific experience is beneficial but not essential:
- Technical & Experience
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in data analysis and insights generation
- Strong academics with degree level qualification to Distinction / 75% (Ordinary) or equivalent
- Highly proficient in data science, experience working with large datasets, from ETL through to statistical modelling and visualisation design
- Highly proficient in common tools (e.g. AWS, Tableau) and languages (e.g. SQL, R)
- Experience with client-facing activity and project management
- Strong written and verbal communications, including presenting in front of small and large audiences
- Comfortable managing demands and expectations of both internal and client stakeholders
- Character attributes
- Good commercial mindset, essential to combine analytical skills with strong business acumen and desire to develop new products and services
- Self-motivated, self-driven, highly responsible mindset (role may involve working alone / in small teams)
- Good planning and prioritisation skills (small teams need to juggle multiple responsibilities)
- Positive and creative approach to problem solving (proactively look for problems to solve, treat business like it is your own)
- Ability to work under pressure, with consistent attention to detail
- Team player with strong internal and external relationship building skills
- Domain-specific (beneficial but not essential for candidate)
- Experience working with third party transactional datasets (e.g. payment scheme data)
- Understanding of loyalty landscape, key players and competitive challenges
- Understanding of marketing and analytics landscape including leading platforms and technologies
As a company focused on understanding and growing customer value for our clients, the candidate should have a strong desire to work with customer data, to achieve customer-focused outcomes.
What We Offer
At Ellipsis we are a collaborative and respectful team of curious minds, who are driven to solve complex customer problems. To help our team thrive we offer a comprehensive employee benefits program which includes working from home and an 'unrestricted' leave policy. You can find out more here.
Ellipsis are the Customer Loyalty Experts, we help businesses thrive through solving complex customer problems. We take a data-driven approach to helping our clients make better decisions about how to manage and grow value, we call this Customer Science®.
Note to applicants: We cannot accept applicants who do not have the right to work in Australia.
Please email [email protected] to apply, and attach both your CV, and a cover letter, to your application.