Customer Analytics Lead
We are Ellipsis, the Customer Loyalty Experts. As a fast-growing boutique consultancy we help leading Australian and international businesses thrive by solving their complex customer problems and helping them understand, manage and grow customer value. Our client list includes large retailers, banks, insurers, and global airlines. We have offices in Sydney and Melbourne, with clients in New Zealand, Asia and North America.
We are currently looking for a Customer Analytics Lead to join our team. This is a leadership role managing client engagements across analytics and consulting projects. This role is open in both Sydney and Melbourne.
The key responsibilities for this role primarily cover 4 areas.
- Helping our customers unlock value from their customer data
- Manage and provide guidance to the team of analysts to ensure strong insight led presentation of data. This will involve helping them build hypotheses, define the problem to solve and build the story to present in an engaging way
- Empowered to help advance the business, the role will work with the Ellipsis leadership team, and analyst team, to advance Ellipsis’ analytics propositions
- Support the teams career development and provide on-the-job mentoring
- Strategic consulting
- Gain variety through managing consulting projects across a diverse range of clients. You will lead others, as well as being hands on working on core project deliverables e.g. strategy development, financial modelling, working with analysts to build data insights and visualisations, writing reports and presentations
- Manage analysts to help them generate compelling customer and business insights from data
- Active leadership in client relationship management and overall strategic project execution
- Client and team leadership
- Nurture and evolve client relationships to help them solve complex customer problems, ensuring long term satisfied clients
- Position relevant Ellipsis innovations for each client
- Encourage our analysts to continually grow and keep ahead in the data space
- Knowledge and IP development
- Lead the conceptualisation and ‘productisation’ of offerings that help our clients unlock the value of their customer data
- Keeping up to date on market trends and developments, with a focus on customer loyalty and data insights
- Support continual development of Ellipsis’ broader customer loyalty and customer strategy proposition e.g.: new initiatives, service enhancements, adding to Ellipsis IP library
Your Skills and Experience
At Ellipsis, we base our recommendations on data and insights, not hunches and trends. With a team of data analysts this role is a blend of analytics leadership and strategic consulting. Although deep data technical experience is not required, the candidate must have high enough data competency to lead analysts and help them deliver high standards of work to build insight and support strategic outputs.
- Technical & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in analytics, data-driven strategy consulting, customer strategy or related disciplines
- Experienced at working with data teams, with understanding of large datasets, from ETL through to financial and statistical modelling and visualisation design
- Knowledge of common tools (e.g. AWS, Tableau) and languages (e.g. SQL, R) and what they do, without needing to be a technician in the platforms.
- Experience with client-facing, or relationship orientated, activity and strategic project management
- Strong written and verbal communications, including presentation skills
- Comfortable managing demands and expectations of both internal and client stakeholders
- Strong academic qualifications
- Strong academics with relevant degree level qualification
- Experience with the application of problem-solving and structuring techniques
- Character attributes
- Good commercial mindset, essential to combine analytical skills with strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, self-driven, highly responsible mindset, with proactivity to continually develop the business and products as part of a team
- Positive and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure, with consistent attention to detail
- Team player with strong internal and external relationship building skills
- Good planning and prioritisation skills (small teams need to juggle multiple responsibilities)
- Domain-specific (beneficial but not essential for candidate)
- Hands-on experience working with transactional customer data
- Understanding of loyalty and retention fundamentals
- Understanding of marketing and analytics landscape including leading platforms and technologies
What We Offer
At Ellipsis we are a collaborative and respectful team of curious minds, who are driven to solve complex customer problems.
To help our team thrive we offer a comprehensive employee benefits program including technology and professional development budgets, we also have an ‘unlimited’ leave policy and of course support flexible working arrangements, including working from home. You can find out more here.
Ellipsis are the Customer Loyalty Experts, we help businesses thrive through solving complex customer problems. We take a data-driven approach to helping our clients make better decisions about how to manage and grow value, we call this Customer Science®. Our values:
- We strive to make the complex simple
- We focus on quality and results
- We value fact-based innovation
- We are ambition and love a challenge
- We always put the customer first
Please email [email protected] to apply, and attach both your CV, and a cover letter, to your application.