Ellipsis is a boutique management consulting firm specialising in Customer Loyalty, Strategy and Analytics.
Our highly experienced team has completed 100+ projects helping large retailers, banks, insurers, and global airlines understand, manage, and grow their customer value. We are based in Sydney and Melbourne, with clients in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe and North America.
We are currently looking for ambitious, analytically minded team-players to join our team as a Junior Consultant and take an active role in our customer strategy and analytics engagements. This is a great opportunity to work for a fast-growing management consultancy.
As a Junior Consultant you will be an integral part of our client engagements from day one. As part of a project team, you will participate in client-facing activities and take responsibility in client deliverables. Another important component of your work will be helping shape the future of Ellipsis by contributing to business development, market research, and IP development. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Consulting engagements
- Structuring and solving our clients’ complex, dynamic customer challenges
- Taking on responsibility for producing high quality project deliverables
- Providing project support, e.g. project coordination, project and meetings management
- Insights and modelling
- Developing, interpreting, and presenting business insights
- Conducting detailed data analysis and financial modelling
- Collaborating with the team to integrate insights into the wider engagement structure and storyline
- Business development
- Helping to develop engagement proposals, promote new Ellipsis services, and help to nurture relationships with prospects and manage sales pipeline
- Supporting marketing activities, e.g. events, publications
- Knowledge development
- Keeping up to date on market trends and developments
- Supporting continual development of Ellipsis' proposition and build on Ellipsis IP
Your Skills and Experience
At Ellipsis, we base our recommendations on data and insights, not hunches and trends. If you are curious, enjoy thinking through problems from the ground up, and backing up your ideas with data, this role might be the right one for you.
- Technical & Experience
- Completed undergraduate degree (BA in Commerce or related disciplines)
- Strong academic qualifications
- Minimum 1 year relevant work experience in consulting, strategy, marketing, or related disciplines
- Experience with the application of problem-solving and structuring techniques (e.g. First Principles Thinking, Hypothesis Based Problem Solving, the Pyramid Principle)
- Proficiency with data analysis and modelling in MS Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable managing demands and expectations of both internal and client stakeholders
- Character attributes
- Good commercial mindset, essential to combine numeracy with strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, self-driven, highly responsible mindset
- Good planning and prioritisation skills
- Positive and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure, with consistent attention to detail
- Team player with strong internal and external relationship building skills
What we Have to Offer
- A competitive salary in the range of $70-75k, based on experience
- A generous employee value proposition including technology and professional development budgets
- We have an ‘unlimited’ leave policy and of course support flexible working arrangements, including working from home
- Working with iconic Australian and global brands, you will have the chance to gain experience across various industries including retail, travel, banking, insurance and more
- Our modern office located in South Yarra comes with a range of amenities, benefits, and frequent social events (e.g. Yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, arcade machines, table tennis and pool table)
- Be part of a small, dynamic team, giving you the opportunity to work with the leadership team as well as having direct client exposure
Ellipsis are the Customer Loyalty Experts. We take a data-driven approach to helping our clients make better decisions about how to manage and grow value - we call this Customer Science®. We use our proprietary methods and data-driven insights to deliver state of the art services that grow customer value and optimise performance.
We are based in Sydney and Melbourne, with global clients in New Zealand, Asia and North America, and we are recognised for our expertise in customer loyalty, strategy and analytics.
Please email [email protected] to apply, and attach both your CV, and a cover letter, to your application.