We are Ellipsis, the Customer Loyalty Experts. Our business is growing fast, and we are looking for a Senior Consultant to join the team to lead client engagements and work streams.
Our highly experienced team has worked on 100+ projects helping large retailers, banks, insurers, and global airlines understand, manage and grow customer value. We are based in Sydney and Melbourne, with global clients in New Zealand, Asia and North America, and we are recognised for our expertise in loyalty, customer strategy and data insights. Role is open in Sydney and Melbourne.
The key responsibilities for this role primarily cover 4 areas:
- Consulting engagements (40%)
- Take responsibility for assigned consulting projects. This will include leading and working on core project deliverables e.g. strategy development, financial modelling, writing reports and presentations.
- Active in client-facing activities
- Data analysis and insights generation (40%)
- Advance our analytical techniques, and our data product development – to rapidly bring data products to the market
- Generate new business insights, suggest new methods, techniques, and tools/software
- Business development (10%)
- Develop proposals, and help to nurture relationships with prospects and manage sales pipeline
- Support marketing activity
- Knowledge development (10%)
- Keeping up to date on market trends and developments
- Supporting continual development of Ellipsis' proposition and build on Ellipsis IP
Your Skills and Experience
At Ellipsis, we base our recommendations on data and insights, not hunches and trends. If you are curious, enjoy thinking through problems from the ground up, and backing up your ideas with data, this role might be the right one for you.
- Technical & Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in strategy consulting, customer strategy or related disciplines
- Strong academic qualifications
- Experience with the application of problem-solving and structuring techniques (e.g. First Principles Thinking, Hypothesis Based Problem Solving, the Pyramid Principle)
- Proficient at data analysis and financial modelling
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in client-facing activity role
- Comfortable managing demands and expectations of both internal and client stakeholders
- Character attributes
- Good commercial mindset, essential to combine numeracy with strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, self-driven, highly responsible mindset
- Positive and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure, with consistent attention to detail
- Team player with strong internal and external relationship building skills
- Domain-specific (beneficial but not essential for candidate)
- Understanding of loyalty, marketing and analytics landscape
- Knowledge of principles of direct marketing and loyalty program management
- Advanced proficiency in data modelling (e.g. SQL databases, R/Python)
What We Offer
- Salary package of $100-120K based on experience
- Role is open in both Melbourne and Sydney
- We support flexible working arrangements, including working from home and an ‘unrestricted’ leave policy
- Given our small size, you will work directly with the partners, and directly manage client relationships
Ellipsis are the Customer Loyalty Experts. We take a data-driven approach to helping our clients make better decisions about how to manage and grow value, we call this Customer Science®. We use our proprietary methods and data-driven insights to deliver state of the art services that grow customer value and optimise performance.
Our business is growing fast, and we are looking for the right individual to join the team. We're keen to find a Senior Consultant with a combination of skills across data, loyalty, strategy and marketing; who would like to develop those skills by taking a client-facing role in the advisory activities of the business.
Note to applicants: We cannot accept applicants who do not have the right to work in Australia.
Please email [email protected] to apply, and attach both your CV, and a cover letter, to your application.